Bit of advice from Tara: Tattoos


Hey dudes! 
If you're thinking about getting your first tattoo or a tattoo, this post is for you hun. 
This post will just tell you about my experiences with tattoo's, my tips and tricks that i've learnt, and I'll also include a bit of a Q&A.  I'm no expert on tattoos and I only have three tattoos but these tips are what I have learnt. 





The picture above shows my first ever tattoo just after I got it done this time last year. Now you might be thinking "Wtf! that's your first tattoo?" Hell yes it was.
How I saw it was, if you get a large tattoo for your first tattoo other tattoos will be a piece of piss. 


You might be a bit nervous for your first tattoo, which is completely normal. I wanted to throw up the day before mine because I was told the spine was worse than child birth. Here's a couple of tips and tricks I learnt to prep your body for a tattoo.

Tips/Tricks:
#1 Have a decent meal and a powerade/gatorade beforehand.

Before I got my spine done it was nervous as fuck but having a nice large meal and sugary drink will up your bloodsugar levels and you won't feel woozy during the tattoo. Also take a couple of lollipops with you if you see stars.

#2 Drink lots of water the night/day before the tattoo.

Honestly it really does help mind you, you may need to pee a lot during the night and day but you'll love the outcome. I noticed the difference between different tattoos.


#3 Get a good rest the night before or before your tattoo.

When I got my skulls I had just finished work and it was a lot more painful than the other two, so having a nice long rest or a nice long sleep really does have an impact on the pain.





Q&A

Does it hurt?
Of course it hurts dal you have seven or so needles penetrating into your skin at a time. It's actually not painful to be honest it more an annoying pain than anything like someone scratching your sunburn, or a cat scratch really.

Other tattoos I have?



 My second tattoo, which was the roses on the shoulder was my most easy tattoo. I literally almost fell asleep during it, it was the most relaxing sensation of my life. 
My third tattoo is my favourite, Hear no evil, See no evil and Speak no evil. Even though it was my most painful tattoo, certainly my favourite it's skulls and it's evil looking. 

What does your spine tattoo mean?

I always get asked this and I tell them "It's the Chinese takeout menu" just for a laugh but really I lowkey forget what they mean all the damn time. 
Energy, Courage, Spirit, Wisdom, Love, Happiness, Ambition, Rabbit, Patience, Star, Moon, Sunrise. 

Do you regret them?

Of course I don't  regret them! They're apart of me and who I am. 

You know they're permanent? 

This is my favourite of them all! I get it so much especially from ex teachers of mine.  I remember telling her I'm going to be getting a sleeve, and in other areas. She'll always say that "I'd never get a job like that" "they can't come off" don't get me wrong she was a pretty cool teacher tbh. 
BUT I wouldn't spend all that money on something that penetrates my skin and for it not to be permanent mate.


How are you going to feel about them when I'm old?

We'll I'm not there yet so how am I going to know?
I honestly think I won't care about how my tattoos are going to look when I'm 80 years old, I'm  going to be caring more about trying not to shit myself or trying to trip over my saggy tits. 
Our generation are going to be some sick asf grandparents.


What do your parents think about your tattoos?

Both of them are tatted, I don't think dad was too happy about my first tattoo but I don't think he's actually seen my arm tattoo to be quite honest. I know my Mum loves all my tattoos and piercings she's always there for support it's great. 



I hope this post has helped with your curiosity, and hasn't scared the living fuck out of you. After your first tattoo you'll definately want more and more. 
xxx







Comments

Popular Posts