Lets have a chat about my surgery.



Lets chat about my surgery!

 

Hey bitchessss! so it has been a month since I've had my surgery, and I'm feeling much better now just in recovery and doing exercises and just making sure I can get back to dancing after November.
So I thought I'd go through all the fine details on how it went. I will explain how the injury happened, how it has affected me, our trip to Auckland, SURGGERY!!.


How did this injury happen?

It was 19th December 2015 and I was at a Dance Audition for Rezpect Dance Academy, I was so excited and so nervous it was my first ever audition. 
So we had two classes one was slow jam and the other was a girly class. In the girly class I didn't re-stretch my body, nor warm up which was the dumbest idea. 
At the end of the class we got into groups and I decided I was going to do the splits the first time was fine but the second time,  I heard a  big CRUNCH! I didn't think anything of it until I went to get up and walk and I just collapsed down.
At the end of the class, I needed help up. I hopped my way down stairs, my friend Gordon asked if I was okay and went inside to get me some panadol and water. While he was inside I started to feel really woozy and I started to fall down, luckily Gordon came back quickly. 
My mum came to get me, and we went to the doctors. Stupid doctor just said he'll prescribe me with Muscle relaxant and Panadol, and said I should just go to the physio.
So I did as he said, went to the physio, she said I had torn my hamstring and then she just helped me walk on my leg again, gave me exercises and so I could walk for New Years and once I was walking she only told me to come back if I needed to.
I ended up going to New years, dancing on it for school, and for my Dance Crew. It was feeling so good so I went back to the physio and I got another physio and she just did the exact same thing as the other one and let me go at the end of the ACC course. 
8 Months later...
I danced on it for another 8 Months and I went to LA, in the first dance class I had heard a pop in my hip, it was painful I told the director of the tour that I've hurt myself. 
I went to the physio over there and he said I think you've torn your labrum in your hip, go to a physio back in New Zealand. 
So I did and straight away this physio was like "This injury has been here since your hamstring injury, I can't do anything because it's in the deep tissue I'm going to refer you to an orthopedic surgeon at Royston Hospital. 
Our appointment wasn't until January, I got an x-ray and you could see how damaged the hip was, but you couldn't see the tear, he scheduled a MRI to be done.

We returned for another appointment to see what the damage was, we were only in the appointment for 5 minutes and he said straight away, you'll be going to Auckland for Surgery. 
I went to Auckland for the consultation first, the looked at my MRI results, they asked me questions and they told me they had to wait for ACC to accept to pay for the surgery, which they did and we set the date for 16th August.


Our Trip/Surgerrrry!!


By this time I had met Hayden, and from the time we started talking he was like I'm coming with you and I'll support you, which he did.

We flew to Auckland on the 15th August, we grabbed some Mcdonalds for breakfast. Then we head to our motel in Glenfield, we arrived and checked into our room. Mum had the large bed me and Hayden put two single beds together.
We got pizza hut for dinner, Garlic cheese pizza, Pepperoni Pizza and Hawaiian Pizza, with a side of chicken wings, garlic bread and a drink. 
It was 250m down the road from the store and they wouldn't deliver to our motel, so Hayden decided he would walk down to the store and grab them. 
Me and Hayden ended up having a nap and woke up to have a shower. Then we watched movies and fell back asleep.

The next day, surgery day! 
I had to have a shower to rinse off any excess body wash on my body or excess roll on. 
We walked down to the hospital, at about 7:30am, which was like 100m down the road, when we arrived it looked like a hotel resort it was so beautiful. We walked in and told them my name and they told me to wait down in the waiting area, it was long until the orderly did my height and weight and then took us down to my room. 
I had to wait in there for my nurse, one of the ladies at the front desk brought the wifi password to me, sadly for Hayden and Mum only one device could log-in to the password and I wasn't letting them log-in. 
I started to get bored, so I nosed around the room, bearing in mind this was a private hospital! I turned on the tv, I looked in different cupboards. I looked at the menu, which was a mistake because I was getting so hungry.

Finally the nurses arrived, one was a student nurse. They were lovely, they took my blood pressure, my temperature and heart rate.
I had to have another shower, use this sponge thing to clean around the area where the surgery was going to be done, and put on my backless gown. My butt was hanging out.
After that they made me get under the sheets, and they wheeled me down to the surgery, they stopped outside of the doors so I can say goodbye to mum and Hayden. 
The nurses put a hair net on my head, and I waited outside of the theater room. 
My anesthetist told me about how he was going to knock me out, then my surgeon drew where he was going to operate, then I met my theater nurse. 
She told me to bring my pillow with me and she'll walk me into theatre. 
It wasn't what I expected the room to look like, I sat up on the slab with my pillow and laid down. 
The anesthetist put the drip into my arm, and from then on I can just remember going in and out of conciousness.

When I woke up I was in recovery, I can't remember much it was such a weird feeling. I know I started to cry for my mumma (#Mummy'sgirl). When I woke back up I was being wheeled into my room, I was so high on drugs it wasn't funny. I tried to eat but I couldn't because I was still heavily under drugs, I started to feel nauseous, the nurse gave me a pill to help with it. Me being me I was straight on my phone on social media, seeing how everyone is, telling my snapchat friends I'm still alive. Mum told me to not fight the urge to fall asleep, so I fell asleep.
When I woke up, I felt much better I ate my sandwiches that were sitting there, I gave my ice cream and jelly to Hayden and Mum.
I had a really cool nurse, she once lived in Napier and went to Maraenui school, she was so lovely! She brought me glasses and glasses of apple juice I was in heaven.
One point of the afternoon Hayden, went back to the hotel for a shower and nap.
In that time the nurse got me to get up to go toilet and to try walk on my leg.
When he returned we had dinner together, it was so good tasting fooood!

Mum and Hayden ended up heading home and I just fell back asleep waking up to nurses, checking my vitals, and giving me drugs. I ended up waking up at like 11pm-12am and just quietly watched Tv and played on my phone.
The lady next to me was so lovely, she had a similar procedure. While I was high on drugs I ordered my two friends care-packages, filled with chocolate, crackers and a bottle of scrumpy. Lets just say Mum wasn't too pleased.
The next day, I was able to leave! They took the giant patch off and put little small ones on top.

We got back to the motel and sat in bed watching random Tv. The hospital gave me a whole lot of drugs I really didn't need.We order our dinner which was hell pizza. I was starving! We got a snack cursed, snack grim, snack mordor, two chicken tenders, corn nuggets, 2 donuts and a drink. It was a large order, and it tasted soo good. Mum gave me two tramadol tablets and I was knocked out cold.

The next day, we flew back to Napier. My stomach was really upset but it was a side effect after surgery. It was so good to finally be back in Napier.





I'm so happy I got this surgery! I've been waiting for it, for 1 1/2 years and it feel good! in only two short months I'll be still in recovery but this will be recovery strengthening. Then I will be able to get back to Dance and lose all the weight that I have gained.


Hope you enjoyed my novel, sorry for it being sooooo.... long.
Lots of Love Tara xoxoxox



Comments

Popular Posts